Monday, May 3, 2010

I�m bored of being different: Padmapriya

Still basking in the glory of her character, Neeli, in the period film Pazhassiraja, actress Padmapriya is all set to entertain the audience with another unique role in the much-awaited cowboy film.

Irumbukottai Murattu Singam (IKMS). Revealing that shes playing an officer�s daughter in the film, she says, �I play a village belle set in a �westernised� village. I have never done this kind of a role earlier and I�m super excited about it. However, she�s relieved that she didn�t need to speak Tamil in a particular dialect like her co-stars in the film. Though not a big fan of cowboy films, she says that she was bowled over by Clint Eastwood films. �I�ve watched his cowboy films at least half a dozen times,� she says. Padmapriya�s penchant for action came to the fore in Pazhassiraja. So, does she have action sequences in IKMS? �No,� she says, �However, Sandhya (her costar in the film) has some action scenes. She even rides a horse in the film! To an extent, I regret not getting such a chance.� The actress doesn�t shy away from acting in multi-heroine films and has proved on several earlier occasions that she�s quite at home with such films. Ask her about her unique choice of films and she says, �I�m happy that I�m always associated with such films. However, I�m also a big fan of masala commercial flicks.�

No comments:

bloggers